• In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and salt all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each; beat until smooth. Stir in 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
• Using 1/4 cupfuls of dough, form a ring around the sides of a greased 10-in. quiche pan or pie plate (mounds should touch). Top with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
• In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; add cheeses and stir until melted.
• Stir in ham and asparagus; spoon into ring. Serve immediately.
Go to full version of