Asparagus Puff Pizza
This homemade pizza, reliant on a prebaked crust, can be prepared in less time than it takes to bake a frozen one. For extra flavor, season the asparagus with garlic salt, basil and thyme. From Norma Shouse: Zephyrhills, Florida. Recipe published in Quick Cooking March/April 2001.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 12-inch prebaked pizza crust
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground mustard
- 3 egg whites
- • Place asparagus in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan; cover and steam until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towel.
- • Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; arrange asparagus on top. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheese and mustard; mix well. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into mayonnaise mixture; spread over asparagus.
- • Bake at 450° for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note