- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus (about 24 spears), ends trimmed about 2 inches
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula leaves, washed, drained, and stems removed
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) pecorino cheese, half shaved into thin slices and half grated
- 12 thin slices prosciutto (about 6 ounces)
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and vinegar over asparagus; toss lightly to coat. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Grill asparagus, uncovered, at medium-high heat, turning often, 4 minutes or until spears are tender, turn bright green, and begin to char slightly. Remove from grill, and set aside.
Toss arugula with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and grated cheese. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Place 4 slices of prosciutto flat on a work surface, and top each with 2 asparagus spears, 4 to 5 arugula leaves, and 1 slice of pecorino; roll into a spiral, leaving spears and tips of arugula showing. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.