- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 1 cup(s) cut fresh or frozen asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup(s) chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 drop(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake at 450° for about 8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Remove from oven and discard foil. Set crust aside. Place asparagus in a small saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain thoroughly; toss with Swiss cheese, chicken, 1/4 cup pecans, onion and flour. Spoon into baked crust. Combine cream, eggs, mustard, salt and hot pepper sauce; pour over asparagus mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note