This is one of my favorite recipes,I've been making it for years. My husband enjoys mozzarella on his, of course this will add fat and calories, I love it just the way it is.
Asparagus-Parmesan Pita Rounds
Most any cheese will work in this recipe. Blue cheese and mozzarella are especially good options.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 601mg
- Calcium: 177mg
- 2 cups (2-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6-inch) pitas
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons preshredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 450°.
- Steam asparagus, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine oil and garlic. Brush over pitas. Arrange tomato slices and asparagus on pitas. Sprinkle with basil, pepper, and salt. Top evenly with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 450º for 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note