I made this for comnpany one night and everyone thought it was delicious. My husband has requested that I make again just for the two of us. It's worth the extra time and effort.
Asparagus-New Potato Hash
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup crumbled farmer's cheese or queso fresco
- Garnish: lemon slices
- 1. Bring potatoes and salted water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook 15 minutes or just until tender; drain well. Cool 15 minutes; cut into quarters.
- 2. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 3. Sauté shallots in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet 1 minute. Add asparagus, thyme, salt, pepper, and lemon juice; sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add potatoes, and sauté 3 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Chapel Hill Creamery farmer's cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This