This hearty veggie-cheese omelet is perfect for brunch or whenever you're craving "breakfast for dinner."
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 24.1g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 432mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Calcium: 330mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus (about 6 spears)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, asparagus, and green onions; sauté 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan, set aside, and keep warm.
- Combine eggs, egg white, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Heat remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil in pan. Add egg mixture to pan; cook until edges begin to set (about 2 minutes). Gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking until center is just set (about 4 minutes).
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over half of omelet, and sprinkle cheese over vegetable mixture. Loosen omelet with spatula, and fold in half. Cut omelet in half crosswise, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note