Asparagus Mushroom Casserole
Asparagus, mushrooms, onions and pimientos make this colorful casserole a palate-pleaser. Lemon and nutmeg give this dish a slightly tangy taste. From M. Kay Lacey: Apache Junction, Arizona. Recipe published in Light & Tasty April/May 2001.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1 12-ounce package(s) frozen cut asparagus, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) diced pimientos
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 3/4 cup(s) soft bread crumbs
- • In a nonstick skillet, cook mushrooms and onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside. Stir the flour, bouillon, salt, nutmeg and pepper into drippings until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in asparagus, pimientos, lemon juice and the mushroom mixture.
- • Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note