Fnely grated hard-cooked eggs mimic the look of yellow mimosa blossoms in Asparagus Mimosa. The eggs add color and richness to spring vegetables, pasta, and salads as demonstrated in this asparagus side dish.
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hard-cooked egg, grated
- 2 tablespoons spicy smoked sausage, finely diced and sautéed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- Hot sauce
- Trim asparagus; cook in boiling salted water to cover 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Plunge into ice water; drain. Toss with vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place on a serving platter; top with grated egg, sautéed sausage, and chopped fresh chives. Serve with hot sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note