Holy cow the pesto spread is amazing, especially combined with the toasted bread, ham (I used Lightlife) and cheese. The asparagus is fresh and yummy but honestly out of place here - I'd save it for another sandwich.
Asparagus Melt with Pesto Spread
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Yield: 2 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 343
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 21.7g
- Carbohydrate: 40.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 1041mg
- Calcium: 324mg
- 16 asparagus spears
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon commercial pesto
- 2 (2-ounce) slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 (1-ounce) thin slices ham
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 2 (1-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Steam, covered, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine mayonnaise and pesto in a bowl, and stir with a whisk. Spread 2 tablespoons pesto mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice. Layer each slice with 8 asparagus spears, 1 ham slice, 2 tomato slices, and 1 cheese slice. Place on a baking sheet; broil 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches