ASPARAGUS, LEEK, AND BACON QUICHE
Enjoy this colorful quiche recipe for brunch or a wonderful light dinner.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 6 ounce(s) asparagus ends trimmed off and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 leek sliced, white part only
- 3 slice(s) bacon
- 3 eggs
- 5 ounce(s) Monterey Jack cheese grated
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, drop in the asparagus and quickly blanch for 30 seconds until bright green. Quickly drain and run under cold water. Set aside to cool.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble once cool.
- Reheat the bacon greased skillet over medium high heat, then drop in the leek. saute for about five minutes, until leek is soft and translucent. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, crumbled bacon and sauteed leeks. Prick crust all over with a fork, then sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Pour the milk and eggs mixture over the cheese.
- Scatter the asparagus pieces over the mixture in the pie crust.
- Carefully place filled quiche on a sheet tray and bake for 1 hour, or until puffy and golden.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by naughtymax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
ASPARAGUS, LEEK, AND BACON QUICHE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch