Excellent after some minor changes. I used chicken broth in place of the water and bouillon, and milk in place of cream to cut down on fat and calories. I like more sauce than the picture shows. 3T of flour is generally enough to make a medium white sauce with 3 c. of liquid. The recipe only has 1 1/3 c, so the sauce was quite thick. I added at least 1/2 c more of broth and milk together. I recommend making the sauce per recipe and then adding liquid to make the consistency you desire. I use a skillet that is 7" for crepes. I ended up having to make a second recipe of mix to get 8 fairly thin crepes. (I ate a couple not-so-pretty ones!) The recipe calls for an 8" pan. I really do not see 2 T covering 8" even if they are very thin and I am not a novice crepe maker. Very rich; I served with glazed carrots because the color would compliment the crepes. Other carrot recipes like dill carrots would be good.
Asparagus Ham Crepes
Refrigerate: 1 Hour
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 8 thin slice(s) deli ham
- 8 slice(s) Swiss cheese
- Mushroom Cheese Sauce:
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 4-ounce can(s) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced chives
- • In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- • Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- • In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- • On each crepe, layer a ham slice, Swiss cheese slice and three asparagus spears. Roll up and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- • In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in the cream, mushrooms and chives. Pour over crepes.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note