Asparagus Ham Crepes
Tender crepes with a flavorful filling. From Sue Erickson: Loveland, Colorado. Serving accompaniments: turkey sausage, fruit salad, and coffee cake. Recipe published in Taste of Home April/May 2006.
Refrigerate: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 8 thin slice(s) deli ham
- 8 slice(s) Swiss cheese
- Mushroom Cheese Sauce:
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 4-ounce can(s) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced chives
- • In a blender, combine the first six ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- • Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 2 tablespoons batter into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- • In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- • On each crepe, layer a ham slice, Swiss cheese slice and three asparagus spears. Roll up and place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- • In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually stir in water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in the cream, mushrooms and chives. Pour over crepes.
- • Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note