Asparagus with Ham and Cheese
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 895mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Black Forest ham, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk, heated
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1. Warm 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ham, stirring, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out skillet; let cool slightly.
- 2. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. On sheet, toss asparagus with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, season with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer. Broil until crisp-tender and tips begin to brown, about 4 minutes, shaking pan once or twice.
- 3. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add flour; whisk until a paste forms, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in hot milk. Cook, whisking, until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; whisk in cheese until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Drizzle asparagus with cheese sauce. Top with ham and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note