- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, to taste, optional
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus, cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) shredded Gruyere cheese or Swiss Cheese
- • Preheat broiler. Pour olive oil into a 10-inch ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat.
- • Add onion and salt and stir until onion are softened but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- • Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook covered until asparagus is barely tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- • Pour in eggs and cook until almost set but still runny on top, about 2 minutes.
- • Sprinkle cheese over eggs and broil until cheese is melted and browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- • Slide frittata onto a serving platter and cut into wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note