Asparagus Glazed with White Truffle Fondue
Star Ingredient: Da Rosario White Truffle FondueTruffle fondue (white-truffle-infused cheeses mixed with butter) quickly turns asparagus into a superluxe starter or side dish.
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pound pencil-thin asparagus
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup white truffle fondue (from a 3.5 ounce jar)
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1. Preheat the broiler and position an oven rack 8 inches from the heat. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the minced shallots and cook over moderately high heat until barely softened, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Transfer the asparagus to a medium gratin dish and spread the truffle fondue over them. Broil until golden and bubbling, shifting the dish for even browning, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with the tarragon and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This