Made with fresh thin asparagus and Gouda and Parmesan cheeses, Asparagus Frittata is the perfect spring meal for brunch of dinner. Serve with fruit for brunch or with a simple salad for dinner.
More From Southern Living
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350° with oven rack 6 inches from top of heat source. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Melt butter in a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add asparagus; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- 2. Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup Gouda cheese. Fold egg mixture into vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Gouda cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until set. Increase oven temperature to broil, and broil 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note