More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water or 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bottled or homemade marinara sauce
- 1. Bring 6 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil; add pasta, and boil 6 minutes or until almost tender.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine 4 eggs and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
- 3. Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place oil and butter in an ovenproof 10-inch nonstick skillet, and place over medium-high heat until butter melts. Add asparagus, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove asparagus from pan. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender and liquid evaporates. Remove pan from heat. Add asparagus. Drain pasta, and add to vegetables in pan. Stir in chopped basil and oregano.
- 4. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and pasta in pan. Place over medium heat. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until top is almost set (do not stir). Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5. Preheat broiler.
- 6. Broil 2 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges. Serve with marinara.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This