- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water or 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup bottled or homemade marinara sauce
- calories 128
- fat 6.5 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- protein 7.9 g
- carbohydrate 10.1 g
- fiber 1.1 g
- cholesterol 112 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 480 mg
- calcium 77 mg
How to Make It
Bring 6 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil; add pasta, and boil 6 minutes or until almost tender.
While pasta cooks, combine 4 eggs and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Set aside.
Cut asparagus into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Place oil and butter in an ovenproof 10-inch nonstick skillet, and place over medium-high heat until butter melts. Add asparagus, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove asparagus from pan. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until onion is tender and liquid evaporates. Remove pan from heat. Add asparagus. Drain pasta, and add to vegetables in pan. Stir in chopped basil and oregano.
Pour egg mixture over vegetables and pasta in pan. Place over medium heat. Cover and cook 8 minutes or until top is almost set (do not stir). Sprinkle with cheese.
Broil 2 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges. Serve with marinara.