Asparagus Fish (cod, haddock or orange roughy) Bake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 medium fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound(s) cod, haddock or orange roughy fillets
- 1/3 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) crushed saltines (about 7 crackers)
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) dried parsley flakes
- • Place the asparagus in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain and place in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with fish; set aside.
- • In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over fish.
- • Melt remaining butter; stir in crackers and parsley. Sprinkle over cheese sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note