Asparagus Eggs Benedict
A favorite springtime Sunday brunch item. Make a hollandaise sauce from scratch. From Mark Morgan. Recipe published in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 envelope(s) hollandaise sauce mix
- 6 eggs
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- • Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- • Prepare hollandaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 2-3 in. water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close to the surface of the water, slip the eggs, one at a time, into the water.
- • Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until the whites are completely set and the yolks begin to thicken. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water.
- • To assemble, place 4 pieces of asparagus on each muffin half; top with a poached egg; sprinkle with cheese. Top each with about 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce; garnish with paprika. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note