Asparagus Crab Quiche
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 1 6-ounce can(s) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 drop(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh asparagus spears for garnish
- • Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well and pat dry. Arrange cooked asparagus over bottom of pastry. Top with crabmeat. Combine Swiss cheese and flour; sprinkle over crab.
- • In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour into pastry. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Arrange fresh asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top of quiche.
- • Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note