Asparagus Crab Quiche
This quiche makes a pretty presentation, but it's not hard to make. Recipe published in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 1 6-ounce can(s) crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3 drop(s) hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 fresh asparagus spears for garnish
- • Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well and pat dry. Arrange cooked asparagus over bottom of pastry. Top with crabmeat. Combine Swiss cheese and flour; sprinkle over crab.
- • In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and hot pepper sauce. Pour into pastry. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Arrange fresh asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top of quiche.
- • Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note