Asparagus Cheese Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 6 cup(s) milk
- 4 cup(s) cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces), cooked and drained or 2 10-ounce packages frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 3 cup(s) (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoon(s) minced fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Croutons and additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add asparagus and heat through. Add the cheese, thyme and nutmeg. Cook until cheese is melted, stirring frequently (do not boil). Garnish with croutons and additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes