Asparagus Cheese Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 6 cup(s) milk
- 4 cup(s) cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces), cooked and drained or 2 10-ounce packages frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 3 cup(s) (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 teaspoon(s) minced fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- Croutons and additional shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add asparagus and heat through. Add the cheese, thyme and nutmeg. Cook until cheese is melted, stirring frequently (do not boil). Garnish with croutons and additional cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note