Asparagus with Chanterelles and Hazelnuts
Asparagus with Chanterelles and Hazelnuts provides a perfect accompaniment to a light and healthy main dish. For this appealing side dish, start with a pound of trimmed asparagus; top with sautéed chanterelle mushrooms, toasted hazelnuts, and freshly chopped thyme. If you can’t find chanterelle mushrooms, substitute white mushrooms instead.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Sodium: 133mg
- 1 pound trimmed asparagus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 ounces sliced chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- Combine asparagus, olive oil, pepper, and salt on a baking sheet; bake at 425° for 9 minutes. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in hazelnuts, wine, and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in crème fraîche. Top asparagus with mushroom mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This