This casserole is delicious (even to people who say they don't like asparagus), but it is high in fat. The butter and cheese spread add a lot of unwanted calories. However, if vegetables are your goal, this is a great way to serve asparagus. I used to dislike fresh asparagus (mostly because it is almost never prepared correctly), and although my tastes have matured, I still love this dish. I only make it occasionally, but it is always popular.
- 6 can(s) aspragus spears
- 2 jar(s) Old English cheese spread
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounce(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick(s) butter or margarine
- crushed oyster crackers
- sliced almonds
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1. Drain asparagus. Place in a large casserole dish. 2. Heat cheese, butter, soup and milk in microwave until melted on top. 3. Pour mixture over asparagus. 5. For topping: Melt butter. Combine ingredients. Sprinkle on top. 4. Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 40 minutes: until it is bubbly around edges and brown on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note