This casserole is delicious (even to people who say they don't like asparagus), but it is high in fat. The butter and cheese spread add a lot of unwanted calories. However, if vegetables are your goal, this is a great way to serve asparagus. I used to dislike fresh asparagus (mostly because it is almost never prepared correctly), and although my tastes have matured, I still love this dish. I only make it occasionally, but it is always popular.
Best way to serve asparagus.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 can(s) aspragus spears
- 2 jar(s) Old English cheese spread
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounce(s) evaporated milk
- 1/2 stick(s) butter or margarine
- crushed oyster crackers
- sliced almonds
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 1. Drain asparagus. Place in a large casserole dish. 2. Heat cheese, butter, soup and milk in microwave until melted on top. 3. Pour mixture over asparagus. 5. For topping: Melt butter. Combine ingredients. Sprinkle on top. 4. Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 40 minutes: until it is bubbly around edges and brown on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note