Simple, easy, quick. And it tastes great.
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen asparagus, thawed and well drained*
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup refrigerated shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Arrange asparagus in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and salt, and pour over asparagus.
- Stir together remaining 1/4 cup cheese, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and paprika; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- *3 pounds fresh asparagus may be substituted. Snap off tough ends; remove scales with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cook in boiling water to cover 3 minutes, drain.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This