- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb.)
- 2 heads butterhead lettuce such as Boston or Bibb (see Notes)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly shredded lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 ounces perlini mozzarella (tiny balls; see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- calories 240
- caloriesfromfat 75 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- carbohydrate 7.2 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 411 mg
- cholesterol 25 mg
How to Make It
Hold the end of an asparagus stalk and bend until it snaps off. Repeat with remaining stalks and discard woody ends. Slice trimmed spears on the diagonal into 1/8-in. lengths, leaving tips about 1 in. long.
Remove and discard outer leaves of lettuce heads. Tear remaining leaves into bite-size pieces. Rinse and dry. Set aside.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, lemon zest, pepper, and dry mustard until creamy-looking.
In a large bowl, toss lettuce with 3 tbsp. dressing. Divide lettuce among 4 salad plates. Toss asparagus pieces with remaining dressing and spoon over lettuces, dividing evenly. Sprinkle salads with perlini and pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.