Easy to make, however I found it to be a bit bland...definitely needs salt, next time I would use more asparagus and 1/2 brie and 1/2 of another sharper cheese and possibly some herb maybe lemon thyme.
Asparagus Brie Soup
This rich soup is wonderful when fresh asparagus is in season. From Melissa Petrek-Myer: Austin, Texas. Recipe published in Quick Cooking May/June 2000.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 4 to 6 ounce(s) Brie, rind removed
- • In a large saucepan, saute asparagus in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually add broth, cream and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- • In a blender; cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan. Cube Brie and add to soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note