Asparagus Breakfast Strata
Filled with tasty ingredients like mushrooms, cheddar cheese and asparagus, this dish makes for hearty fare. It can be prepared the night before for a no-fuss breakfast or brunch. Recipe published in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000.
Refrigerate: 8 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) skim milk
- 2 cup(s) egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen cut asparagus, thawed or 2 cups cut fresh asparagus, cooked
- 2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 cup(s) cubed reduced-calorie bread
- • In a large bowl, beat the milk, egg substitute, mustard and basil. Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- • Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- • Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note