Asparagus-Blue Cheese Canapés
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck Hillegas
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh asparagus (8 oz.)
- Canapé Toast Squares
- Garnish: lemon zest
- 1. Stir together first 4 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add shallot, and sauté 2 minutes. Add asparagus, and sauté 2 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Spread each toast square with cheese mixture, and top with asparagus mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers