Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry (red wine and teriyaki sauce)
Colorful asparagus spears pair perfectly with tender beef in this quick fix. Add a sprinkling of sesame seeds for Asian flare. From Dana Spencer: The Forest Ranch, California. Recipe published in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- 2 tablespoon(s) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry red wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 pound(s) beef flank steak, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil, divided
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) hot cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds
- • In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, broth, wine or additional broth and teriyaki sauce until smooth; set aside.
- • In a small skillet, stir-fry beef in 1 teaspoon oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- • Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note