Asparagus Beef Cashew Stir-Fry
As appetizing to the eye as it is to the palate, this stovetop specialty features lots of vegetables, beef and crunchy cashews. From Joyce Huebner: Marinette, Wisconsin. Recipe published in Quick Cooking September/October 2003.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2 1/2 cup(s) sliced cooked roast beef (2-1/2-inch strips)
- 1 cup(s) salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- • In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in soy sauce and sugar; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil; add garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly browned; discard garlic.
- • Stir-fry the asparagus, onions, red pepper and carrot for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add roast beef heat through. Stir reserved sauce; add to the span. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note