Asparagus Bacon Quiche
Lovely asparagus peeks out of every slice of this hearty quiche, which is delicious and a little different: a welcome addition to any brunch buffet. From Suzanne McKinley: Lyons, Georgia. Recipe published in Taste of Home April/May 1997.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 pinch(s) ground nutmeg
- • Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and set aside.
- • Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well. Arrange the bacon and asparagus in the crust.
- • In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, 1/2 cup cheese, onions, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- • Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 23-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note