Great recipe. The cayenne pepper gave it an appropriate amount of heat without overwhelming the soup. Served with parmesan cheese toast.
Asparagus and Mushroom Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 49 1/2-ounce can(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 cup(s) cooked wild rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- • In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onions in butter for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add asparagus, broth and seasonings; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- • Add rice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note