Great recipe. The cayenne pepper gave it an appropriate amount of heat without overwhelming the soup. Served with parmesan cheese toast.
Asparagus and Mushroom Soup
Recipe published in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 49 1/2-ounce can(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 cup(s) cooked wild rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- • In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute onions in butter for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until tender. Add asparagus, broth and seasonings; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- • Add rice. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note