I made this using a large skillet, can't imagine using an 8-inch with all the asparagus and mushrooms. I used 3 whole eggs/2 egg whites; 4 ounces of asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces; portabello, cremini & oyster mushrooms; 1/4 cup of asiago cheese; fresh chives and parsley. Result: too much asparagus and really bland. I was hesitant to add more cheese but, other than the asparagus that's where the flavor came from. Anyway, not a repeater!
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 of the frittata)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 331mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus (about 4 ounces), trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 1. Arrange oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in an 8-inch, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the asparagus. Cook in skillet for 2 minutes more.
- 3. While the mushrooms are cooking, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, chives, parsley, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the cheese in a medium bowl. Add the remaining teaspoon oil to the pan, stirring the vegetables to coat. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms and asparagus and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, running a rubber spatula around the edges of the pan to keep the eggs from sticking.
- 4. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the egg mixture and broil it for 2 1/2–3 minutes or until frittata is golden brown and lightly puffed. Remove the frittata from the skillet, cut into 4 pieces, and serve it immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch