- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (4-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus (about 4 ounces), trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- calories 129
- fat 9 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 9 g
- carbohydrate 2 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 116 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 331 mg
- calcium 104 mg
How to Make It
Arrange oven rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat broiler to high.
Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in an 8-inch, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the asparagus. Cook in skillet for 2 minutes more.
While the mushrooms are cooking, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, chives, parsley, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the cheese in a medium bowl. Add the remaining teaspoon oil to the pan, stirring the vegetables to coat. Pour the egg mixture over the mushrooms and asparagus and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes, running a rubber spatula around the edges of the pan to keep the eggs from sticking.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese over the egg mixture and broil it for 2 1/2–3 minutes or until frittata is golden brown and lightly puffed. Remove the frittata from the skillet, cut into 4 pieces, and serve it immediately.