Perfect! I couldn't believe how good this was. Very simple and very quick, but oh so delicious.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Cook asparagus in boiling salted water to cover in a large skillet 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Plunge asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add almonds, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add asparagus and red bell pepper; cook 3 to 5 minutes. Toss with lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables