Asian Wild Rice Salad
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: Serves 6
Cost per Serving: $1.11
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 465mg
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 white button mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half (about 6 oz.), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 6-oz. box long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 8 water chestnuts, quartered
- 1. Warm sesame oil and 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, chicken and rice mix. Pour in broth and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, salt and mustard until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in remaining vegetable oil until blended.
- 3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add snow peas. Bring back to a boil; cook until peas are tender, 1 minute. Drain; rinse under cold water. Pat dry.
- 4. Add chicken and rice mixture to bowl with dressing. Toss with snow peas, carrots and water chestnuts. Serve at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads