Asian Vegetable Stir-Fry
Look for 16-ounce bags of cut assorted fresh vegetables in the produce section of your local supermarket.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups vegetables and 1/2 cup rice)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 9.6g
- Carbohydrate: 30.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 724mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 (10.5-ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 1/2 cups cut assorted fresh stir-fry vegetables
- 1. Cook rice in 1 cup water according to package directions to yield 2 cups cooked rice.
- 2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon soy sauce over tofu; set aside.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Add 1/4 cup soy sauce and vinegar.
- 4. Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; sauté 30 seconds. Add vegetables; stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture, and add to pan. Stir-fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and sauce is thick. Add tofu mixture; cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.
- carbo rating: 28
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes