Asian Tuna Tacos
"Tacos: Cookbook author thinks outside the tortilla for variety of recipes." by Michael Hastings. Recipe adapted from "Just Tacos" by Shelley Wiseman, former Gourmet food editor, senior editor for Fine Cooking magazine, and co-author of "The Mexican Gourmet" with Maria Dolores Torres Yzabal. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 4, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Wasabi mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared wasabi or 2 tablespoons powdered wasabi mixed with 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 pound(s) tuna steaks, about 1-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) unhulled sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon(s) mild olive oil
- Flour tortillas, chopped scallions, radish sprouts or chopped cilantro, sliced avocado
- 1. For the mayonnaise, stir together mayo, wasabi, soy sauce, lime juice and sugar. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- 2. For the tuna, pat the fish dry with paper towels and season with salt. Put the sesame seeds on a plate and press both flat sides of the tuna steaks on the seeds to coat.
- 3. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 2 minutes. Add the oil and swirl the pan to distribute, then add the tuna steaks, in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, and sear for about 2 minutes on each side, until just the outside ¼ inch is cooked, but the center is still translucent.
- 4. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and slice. Make tacos with the tuna, mayo, tortillas, scallions, radish sprouts or cilantro, and sliced avocado.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note