Asian Tuna Burgers
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 51 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 772mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 6 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 4 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 3/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (1.6-ounce) sandwich buns
- 1/2 cup small cilantro sprigs
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- 3. Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon sugar in 3 tablespoons vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cucumber and red onion; toss to coat. Cover and chill.
- 4. Place tuna in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Combine chopped tuna, green onions, next 3 ingredients (through salt), 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar, and 3/4 teaspoon sugar in a bowl. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions with moist hands, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press thumb in center of patty, leaving a nickel-sized indentation.
- 5. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes. Turn patties over; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 6. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture evenly on cut sides of each bun. Top bottom halves of buns with patties. Spoon cucumber mixture evenly on top of patties, using a slotted spoon. Arrange cilantro evenly over cucumber mixture. Cover with bun tops. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This