- 6 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 4 1/2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 3/4 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds tuna steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (1.6-ounce) sandwich buns
- 1/2 cup small cilantro sprigs
- calories 325
- fat 8.8 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 3.1 g
- polyfat 2.5 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 51 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 772 mg
- calcium 73 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
Dissolve 1/4 teaspoon sugar in 3 tablespoons vinegar in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cucumber and red onion; toss to coat. Cover and chill.
Place tuna in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Combine chopped tuna, green onions, next 3 ingredients (through salt), 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar, and 3/4 teaspoon sugar in a bowl. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions with moist hands, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press thumb in center of patty, leaving a nickel-sized indentation.
Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes. Turn patties over; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture evenly on cut sides of each bun. Top bottom halves of buns with patties. Spoon cucumber mixture evenly on top of patties, using a slotted spoon. Arrange cilantro evenly over cucumber mixture. Cover with bun tops. Serve immediately.