- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry oil*
- 3 (14 1/2-ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Sauté ginger and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Add chicken broth and sweet potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until potato is tender.
Add coconut milk and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated (do not boil). Remove from heat; add green onions and chopped cilantro. Garnish, if desired.
*If you can't find curry oil, substitute sesame oil and add 1/2 teaspoon curry powder.