- 1 small head bok choy, thickly sliced, or 4 baby bok choy, ends trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Zest from 1/2 orange, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- calories 231
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- sodium 524 mg
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 1 g
- sugars 4 g
- protein 38 g
How to Make It
Heat oven to 400° F. Tear off four 15-inch squares of parchment paper or aluminum foil and arrange on 2 baking sheets. Divide the bok choy and bell pepper evenly among the squares. Place a halibut fillet on each mound of vegetables and sprinkle with the black pepper. Top with the scallions and zest.
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and ginger. Spoon the mixture evenly over the halibut. Top with 4 more squares of parchment or foil and fold the edges over several times to seal. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer each packet to a plate. Serve with a knife to slit the package open, and be careful of the steam that will escape.
Tip: This beautiful meal works just as well with other types of seafood. Next time, try cod, salmon, sea scallops, or peeled and deveined shrimp.