Excellent flavor, simple and fast, add a little hot pepper sauce for a kick.
Asian-Style Crab Cakes
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 crab cake)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 9.3g
- Carbohydrate: 11.9g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 587mg
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 2 1/2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs (panko), divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Fold in crabmeat and 1 cup breadcrumbs.
- Divide crab mixture into 12 equal portions, shaping each into a 2-inch-round patty. Place 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs in a shallow dish; dredge crab cakes in breadcrumbs. Coat crab cakes with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 6 crab cakes; cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove crab cakes from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties. Serve with tartar or cocktail sauce.
- Note: Cover and place crab cakes in the freezer for 10 minutes before frying to help retain their shape.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes