This recipe makes a good base. We've made this recipe with modifications twice now and really like it. We are not fans of cucumbers, so left them out and replaced the cilantro with parsley. Instead of the tenderloin, we've used leftover roast beef (2 oz per serving is enough). We added a small quantity of rice noodles and blanched snow peas. I realize these are a lot of modifications, but key is the dressing and beef.
Asian-Style Beef Tenderloin Salad
Purple-tinged Thai basil has a distinct, aromatic flavor that would be delicious in place of the regular basil called for in this salad. Fish sauce is a condiment available at Asian markets. If you can't find fish sauce, substitute low-sodium soy sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 19.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 (6-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots (about 2 small)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- To prepare dressing, combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare salad, sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add steak to bowl. Drizzle salad mixture with dressing mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note