Asian Steak Skewers
Marinate: 4 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) beef sirloin tip roast
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 cup(s) water
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) prepared horseradish
- • Cut beef widthwise into 16 slices, 1/4 in. thick. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours.
- • In a large saucepan, bring water and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the beans and red pepper; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- • Drain and discard marinade from beef. Arrange three beans, one carrot strip and one pepper strip down the center of each beef slice; roll up. For each kabob use metal or soaked wooden skewers and thread two bundles on two parallel skewers.
- • Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until beef reaches desired doneness.
- • In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard and horseradish. Serve with kabobs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note