Asian Snack Mix with Nori
"Healthy Snack Attack" by Grace Parisi. Six food-for-you recipes that satisfy a craving for something crispy and salty. If seasoned nori is unavailable, use plain nori and add 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil to the food processor in Step 2. The cooled snack mix can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Recipe published in Food & Wine: March 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans, broken into large pieces (2 ounces)
- 6 cup(s) rice-flake cereal, such as Special K (6 ounces)
- 5 sheets seasoned nori, crumbled (from one .74-ounce bag)
- 3 tablespoon(s) yellow or white miso
- 2 tablespoon(s) agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon(s) wasabi powder or 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pecans on a pie plate and toast for 6 minutes, until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Add the cereal and nori and toss well.
- 2. In a mini food processor, combine the miso, agave, wasabi and salt. Add the oil and process until smooth. Dollop the mixture over the flakes, pecans and nori and toss with your hands to coat evenly.
- 3. Spread the mix on a parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheet in an even layer. Toast for 18 minutes, stirring and tossing 2 or 3 times, until browned; the mix will crisp as it cools. Transfer to a bowl and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note