Asian Snack Mix
Yield: Makes 12 cups
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy or teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (optional)
- 4 cups rice cereal squares
- 4 cups wheat cereal squares
- 1 (3-ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- 3 (2.29-ounce) cans wasabi peas
- Combine first 9 ingredients, and, if desired, sesame oil in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Combine rice cereal squares and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly stir in butter mixture, tossing to coat. Spread mixture in an even layer in 2 (15- x 10-inch) jelly-roll pans.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; spread mixture on paper towels to cool completely.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rice Chex and Wheat Chex Cereals. Wasabi peas can be found in the ethnic foods aisle of large supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Snacks