- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy or teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (optional)
- 4 cups rice cereal squares
- 4 cups wheat cereal squares
- 1 (3-ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- 3 (2.29-ounce) cans wasabi peas
How to Make It
Combine first 9 ingredients, and, if desired, sesame oil in a medium bowl until well blended.
Combine rice cereal squares and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly stir in butter mixture, tossing to coat. Spread mixture in an even layer in 2 (15- x 10-inch) jelly-roll pans.
Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes; spread mixture on paper towels to cool completely.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Rice Chex and Wheat Chex Cereals. Wasabi peas can be found in the ethnic foods aisle of large supermarkets.