- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste
- 4 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Asian pear, halved, cored, and cut into julienne strips
- 1 cup soy or mung bean sprouts, optional
How to Make It
Whisk together rice vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add napa cabbage and next 4 ingredients; toss to mix.
Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to soften cabbage. Just before serving, stir in pear strips and, if desired, sprouts.